"I’m not running away. But this is one corner in one country in one continent in one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that is a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And this is so much, so much, to see, Amy. Because it goes so fast. I’m not running away from things. I’m running to them before they flare and fade forever."
- The Doctor, Doctor Who
IMDb (via psych-facts)
I’m going insane.
My fingertips crave you. They want to say something extravagant about how beautiful you are. But words won’t do. They won’t do because you cannot capture your beauty with a simple sentence or some stupid literature term I can’t think of because you’re consuming my thoughts. My minds constantly thinking about metaphors that can help people, but mostly me, understand your beauty but nothing’s good enough. It seems as if the best way of explaining your beauty at the moment is by taking a list of all the beautiful things in the world and putting it all together to make one simple sentence. Yet even if you multiplied that sentence by one hundred it still could not grasp your beauty. I’m going insane because I’ve never met someone I couldn’t describe. I’ve never talked to someone that has made me stumble over my words. But I met you. And any day of the week I would choose going insane over losing you.
1. Do not hate them for it. They are on a journey too.
2. Understand that sometimes you will be a bandage caressing a temporary wound or you will be a pinnacle of permanency rooted deeply in their heart. Accept that you do this to people too.
3. Do not step on your feet trying to find a rhythm you are not meant to follow.
4. Do not let it harden you: continue to nurture, continue to love.
5. People use words as anchors to latch onto bits of you and when they leave remind yourself that the sea never bled itself dry because a ship left it.
6. Write the nastiest letter and burn it.
7. Yes, they may have illuminated pieces of you that you were unaware existed. But now you do and they are not the last person to remind you.
8. Dizzy yourself with everything you love, like dancing in the greenhouse to horrid pop songs or reading Haruki Murakami.
9. Set all that anger ablaze, you are wasting your time sifting through it.
10. Internalize the fact that you were still breathing before you met them.
11. Forgive them.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Buddha (via kushandwizdom)